Setting up, Running and Marketing a B&B TWO DAY COURSE
2 days - Saturday & Sunday - date below is start date
This 2 day course covers all you need to know to Set Up, Run and Market a Successful B&B. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for availability and online booking
The cost is £250 for 2 days per person.
Accommodation is not included in the price but may be available at Hopton House if you book early enough. Otherwise we will give you details of other B&Bs locally.
Please note we block off the availability calendar on course dates to ensure we don't get any non course B&B bookings, so the calendar looks full but we may have accommodation. Please email or call to check
We ask for deposit of £100 when the course is booked.The remainder is payable on the day of the course. Please note that this is non refundable if you need to cancel, though we may be able to move your booking to a future course if there are spaces available. Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Receipt of the Payment will be confirmation that you accept our Terms and Conditions as laid out above.
NOTE if you are BOOKING 2 PLACES - we only require 1 deposit. Please book 1 place online or by phone then email us to advise that you wish to reserve 2 places.
Run in small groups of 6-12 people, allowing you the opportunity to ask lots of questions and to network with other potential B&B owners. Tea, coffee, mineral water, biscuits and cake are provided throughout the day, along with a light lunch.
The course is held at Hopton House B&B near Ludlow in Shropshire from 11.00-16.30 on each day.
- A workbook containing all the information covered on the course
- Examples of documentation needed to set up, run and market your B&B e.g. business plans and guest registration forms
- A light lunch on both days
- Tea, Coffee, Water, Biscuits, Cake and Fruit served throughout the day
If you are planning to set up a B&B with a spouse, partner or friend I recommend that they also attend the course.
Setting Up Your B&B
Researching your B&B and Analysing your Market
- How to research your market
- Understanding what information you need and how it will affect the type of B&B you run
- Getting the right location for your B&B
- Using surveys to identify your market’s needs
- Who to go to for information and help locally
- Understanding Quality Standards and making sure you get the star rating and awards you want
- Setting your price
- Keeping Financial records
- Working out how much you might expect to earn
- Will it pay?
- Business Banking and taking cards
- An overview of the legal requirements
- Planning Permission
- Disability Discrimination Act and Accessibility
- Fire Regulations
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- The Pink Booklet
Getting your house ready
- House Layout
- Sound Proofing
- B&B Extras
Marketing Your B&B
An Overview of Marketing
- The differences between Advertising, Marketing, PR, Social Networking & Social Media
- Identifying your niche market
- Your Marketing Plan
- How much to spend on marketing
- The importance of the internet & websites in running a B&B
- Online directories
- Pay Per click Advertising
- Basic Principles of Search Engine Optimisation
- Using Social Media Tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ etc to promote your business
Printed Guidebooks and Brochures
- What guidebooks are out there?
- How to use your leaflets
Repeat Bookings and other Promotional ideas
- How to get your guests back and recommending you
- Other innovative and Promotional Ideas
- Using the Press
Running your B&B
- The importance of Great Customer Service
- Taking Bookings
- Online Booking Systems
- How to take a booking
- How to deal with guests if you’re full
- Example of guest registration forms
- Taking deposits
- House Rules
Preparing and Cleaning the Rooms
- How to make up the rooms
- How added extras can reap benefits without costing a lot
- Cleaning and housework
Greeting the Guests and saying Good Bye
- How to greet guests and what to do and say on arrival
- Example of guest registration forms and other documents
- Enhancing the guest experience
- Ways of getting them to come back!
- Dealing with complaints
- The Bill
- Dealing with checkout and payment
Serving the Breakfast and Evening Meals
- What to serve for breakfast
- Preparing the guests breakfast
- Getting the timings right
- The pros and cons of serving an evening meal
- Tips on evening meals
Staying Sane as a B&B Owner!
- Why it’s important to look after yourself
- Tricks to staying sane!
If you book online via paypal the price you are quoted on the next screen will be the deposit for the course of £100. The remaining £150 is payable on the first day of the course.
Please note that accommodation is not included in the cost of the course but may be available at Hopton House if you book early enough.